My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.christintaylor.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Belly or Bust

The belly must be growing.

Yesterday, I had my first bought with round ligament pain, and the ligaments won. I spent most of the day with my feet up, or slinking around the apartment like the Hunchback of Notredame.

Round ligament pain is a normal part of pregnancy. It's when the ligaments attached to the outside of the uterus begin to stretch. It feels similar to the kind of cramp you get in your side from running, only this cramp is lower.

I got a strange kind of satisfaction from the pain, as if my body was working and doing what it's supposed to. It was the pain of growth, of life. Just as quickly as it hit me in the morning, it disappeared by night, right before bedtime.

I'm also convinced that the baby is going through a growth spurt because I have been so sleepy these last three days. Doesn't matter how much sleep I get, the slightest chores ware me out. I made pancakes this morning and then took a nap.

Then I got up and took a shower, got dressed, blow dried my hair, sat down to have my devotions and snoozed some more. I feel like a cat.

I wish I had a picture to show you of my growing stomach, but our digital camera has konked out. To give you an idea - I look as if I swallowed a volleyball. Extra padding around the middle, but not quite big enough to be obviously pregnant yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home