My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.christintaylor.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Two Sparrows for a Penny



I'm 20 weeks along today. I had my fifth check-up with the doctor yesterday, and my fifth ultrasound. The tot had it's fist to its forehead as if it had a headache. Very cute. I'm already getting gushy, and the baby is barely seven inches long!

We still don't know the gender, but the heartbeat is strong, and the baby is very active. I feel it moving everyday, and almost every hour.

The big shocker was that my placenta previa hasn't gotten better. In fact, it's gotten worse. The placenta has settled along the bottom of my uterus, neatly sealing the baby into the womb.

If the placenta doesn't move any number of things could happen. The bottom line is that the end of my pregnancy might not be a smooth as the middle.

Despite all this information, I went to bed feeling peaceful and serene last night. I thought, "As long as my baby's okay, I don't mind!"

I woke up this morning feeling helpless and scared.

The best I can do is to be totally honest with my heavenly Father, and commit myself into his hands. I was reminded this morning that He is in control. I recognize that this fact doesn't garauntee anything, but it must, must, must console me right now.

I read this verse, "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them falls to the ground apart from the will of the Father...So don't be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows."

Feeling like a sparrow right about now, and trusting that my baby and I are worth more than a penny.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Infinitely more, sweetheart . . .

Dad

8:30 PM  
Blogger Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

praying for yah Tin:)

4:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Taylor Tot,

I am making all the delicate, inner parts of your body and knitting you together in Christin's womb.
You are wonderfully complex! The workmanship I'm investing in you outshines the finest craftsman.
I'm watching you as you're being formed in utter seclusion, as you're woven together in the dark of the womb.
I can see you, even though you are not yet born. Every day of your life is already recorded in My book.
Every moment of it is laid out before My sight, though not a single has yet passed.
How precious are My thoughts about you, My child. They cannot be numbered!
Even if I have given you a great mathematical mind, you can't count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when you wake up in Christin's arms on the day of your birth, I AM still with you!

Love, God

(Ps 139:13-18)

4:18 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Christin, I am hoping for you and baby to make it alright!

5:30 AM  
Blogger corrie said...

we are praying for you guys... pregnancies are never easy OR normal, God will only give you what you can handle

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home