My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.christintaylor.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

A Beautiful Mess


This past Fall I had the good fortune to meet and befriend Kristin Ritzau, the author of _A Beautiful Mess_, forthcoming this summer from Conversant Media Group.

Kristin has the uncommon ability to inspire the best in those around her, and to then motivate those of us lucky enough to know her to go achieve that best. Her first book is an embodiment of the work she does with women to overcome perfectionism through the principles of Spiritual Direction.

She has basically taken this practice, Spiritual Direction, (something that is only open to those who happen to live close to Universities or churches who offer it) and made it accessible for readers in their own living room.

My latest article at Ungrind called, Recollection, is a reflection on the contemplative prayer called, The Prayer of Recollection. I was introduced to this prayer by my spiritual director and those who have read the article and taken a moment to write me, have expressed just how nourished they were by that prayer.

Well I'm here to tell you that my article is just a drop in the bucket! It is just a tiny taste of the depths and riches that exist in the practice of Spiritual Direction, and Kristin's book is a 200 page tour-de-force of this practice made available for you!

Her latest blog at Conversant opens the topic of Contemplative Prayer and explores the ways in which this sort of prayer experience cultivates intimacy.

If you liked my article and want to learn more about contemplative prayer, check out her website here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home