My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.christintaylor.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 05, 2010

Getting Changed

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! The Calvary has come. My mom and dad hit LA yesterday and my life has been pure bliss since! There is nothing like two adoring grandparents to relieve a mom who is husband-less for a week.

Today I got to spend some extra time grading. For reasons that are inexplicable to me - truly I don't know why I do these things to myself - I arranged the syllabi for both my classes so that three major assignments came in this weekend. So I am swamped. Or I should say, I WAS swamped, until my mom and dad took Noelle for six hours today and let me tuck myself into one of the study cubicles in the Library across the street.

I hacked my way through half of the grading and am feeling exaltant this evening. Relieved.

To celebrate the arrival of Grandma, all the ladies (Noelle, Mom and I) decided to go shopping before dinner. We scooted into one of my favorite stores and for the second time today I tucked myself away in a little cubicle but this time to try on clothes. What fun.

We let Noelle run around the clean, well-lit, and empty dressing room while I got changed. After watching me try on a few pieces of clothing Noelle ducked her head under the door of my changing stall and said, "I gone change too momma."

"Okay sweetie," I cooed, thinking to myself, How cute! What a doll I have. She wants to pretend to do what I'm doing.

I heard the door of the stall next door shut, then open a minute later.

Noelle's sweet little face appeared under my door again.

"Momma, I all change!"

I looked down and found her naked as the day she was born.

4 Comments:

Blogger tfritter said...

HOOORAY! so happy you've got a moment of bliss.

T

11:24 PM  
Blogger Josh Jackson said...

Haha! Could your parents come our way for a few hours this week? ;)

We're already looking forward to May and June when both of our parents will be looking after her...

J

12:27 PM  
Blogger Josh Jackson said...

Can't wait to hear about the job situation. Keep us posted!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Christin said...

Josh, I know! We should do some sort of grandparent exchange! Haha!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home