My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.christintaylor.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Favorite Book Birthday Party Reading List

My birthday was the day before Thanksgiving. This year, I threw a favorite book birthday party. Everyone had to bring a favorite book, share why they liked it, and a favorite passage. At the end, my good friend Amy Klein (the "confessions of an on-line dating addict" in the sidebar) read some of her work about growing up in a devout Jewish home.

It was a wonderful party. Here's the reading list that evolved from everyone's choices. We had a pretty eclectic list by the end. I thought you all might be interested in reading suggestions:

American Primitive by Mary Oliver (Poetry)
Godric by Frederick Buechner (Fiction)
Life of Pi by Yann Martel (Fiction)
Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan (Fiction)
Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris (Creative Nonfiction)
The Secret History by Donna Tartt (Fiction)
The Dot by Peter Reynolds (Children's)
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (Creative Nonfiction)
The Shack (Fiction)
Kite Runner (Fiction)
Cather in the Rye (Fiction)
The Power of One (Bryce Courtney)
Inside Steve's Brain by Leander Kahney (Nonfiction)
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton (Fiction)
Free Food for Millionaires
Anything by Christopher Moore

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, i think by "devote" you meant to write "devout". sorry to be picky, and couldn't help noticing. :)

1:28 PM  
Blogger Christin said...

Fixed! Thank you, Anon.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Christin, have you read THE GLASS CASTLE?! It's amazing, go to the library,fast! I gave my copy away, but after I read it, it was passed around to 4 colleagues, my husband, my sister, and my mom!

It's a good'un!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Christin said...

Hey Carmine, I have heard of it, and have been contemplating picking it up. Thanks for the suggestion!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home