My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.christintaylor.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Stalking



Two or three times a month, during my commute to work, I see an older man walking his dog with a red leash in one hand and a newspaper in the other. I started recognizing this guy on Orange Grove around a year ago. Sometimes, the man is gone and a woman about his age, walks the same dog with the same red leash. I assume this is his wife.

I feel so aquianted with this couple. Their routine makes me feel as though I know them intimately. Whenever I see them, I smile and think, "It's going to be an orderly day." Their consistancy puts me at ease.

I suppose one day I should stop the car and say "hello." But that's just too weird! How eerie that a stranger, whose presence they've never noticed driving by in a ratty blue Honda, has been noticing them for months? Doesn't it make you wonder if anyone is noticing you?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Tin...I miss you so much! I hope you are doing well. I'm so grateful to have found your page. Things here at College Church are insane. We're busy looking for our new youth pastor which is a little nerve racking and frustrating. I hope to hear from you soon.
Much love!
Anna Woodard :)

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Anna! I just tried to leave you a comment on your xanga site, but alas, I'm not quite hip with it.;-) I'm so glad you found me. E-mail me and let's keep talking. the_tin@hotmail.com

1:27 PM  
Blogger Mel & Co. said...

hey christin! awesome photo...we need to get together, we are so close! I found your blog a couple weeks ago through josh and kari's. Do you mind if i add you guys to our blog?
http://mattmel.blogspot.com
I'm enjoying how wonderful of a writer you are! Tell dwayne we say hi!-mel

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home