My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.christintaylor.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Don't Get My Wrong, Future



Don't get me wrong, Future.
I like you just fine, except I'd like to keep my hands off.
You're too slick for my fingers to hold.
You escape me minute by minute
and just as I gain on you,
you slip into past.
As soon as I know what you're doing,
it seems you change or
you descend on me with your hard rapids.
Nevermind what I think.
Nevermind finding my destiny.

Maybe I should go up stream, go back in time,
and stop you at the mouth,
get you going in a different direction
before you ever reach me.
Had I control over you,
I would lead with my foot moving forward in dance
and your foot moving back.

But I can't.
It's just a slip of a dream
that we could dance in the river,
that we could make water jump at our heels,
make time bend just a little.

No, think I'll keep my distance,
stand back here and watch you
come rolling down the pike,
cutting corners as you go,
and just before you hit
I'll gesture-pose
I'll get in the right place
so we can fit just so,
your waters 'round my waist,
my hands over your eddies.

No thank you.
Think I'll leave well enough alone,
like a geologist looking for your tracks
after you've dried up,
hunting you down
after you've already gone.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

very cool tin!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Annie Els said...

Nice to have a read over it. I'm checking the mosaic website to see if your performance is up....not yet.

2:43 AM  
Blogger Christin said...

Annie - It's up now. When I watched us performing this poem, I just had to laugh! I look funny!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Aaron Perry said...

Cool poem. How's Dwayne's eye?

8:18 AM  
Blogger Annie Els said...

Yeah...it must be the crooked nose. ;o)

11:02 PM  
Blogger Christin said...

AP, So far so good. The surgery appears to be working. The cornea has remained attached for the last week. He'll go back into the doctor tomorrow for a check-up. If there continue to be problems, the doctor will try alternative solutions - like a bandage contact.

Thanks for asking!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home